Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

OIM 11gR2 How to make plugins easier to manage

Making plugins easier to manage is simple.  I have a prior post that is not as detailed but is still applicable.  First, occasionally run this query against your database and export the results:

SELECT DISTINCT(ID) FROM PLUGINS ORDER BY ID ASC

This will give you a list of the current plugins you have. If you want to know more try this query:

SELECT ID,VERSION,NAME,TYPE FROM PLUGINS ORDER BY ID ASC, VERSION DESC

The second query will show if you have multiple versions.  The system should pick the highest numbered version, but I do not trust that.  IMHO, always keep just the latest copy of each plugin.

The second thing to do is to make the plugin utility easier to use.  Here's how:  Open the ant.properties file and make sure you have filled in the provided values.  I use MW_HOME in these examples but they need to be your $MW_HOME, spelled out in the file.

wls.home=$MW_HOME/wlserver_10.3
oim.home=$MW_HOME/Oracle_IDM1/server
login.config=${oim.home}/config/authwl.conf
mw.home=$MW_HOME

Correction: ant does not pick up the environment variables

mw.home=/u01/app/oracle/fmw
wls.home=/u01/app/oracle/fmw/wlserver_10.3
oim.home=/u01/app/oracle/fmw/Oracle_IDM1/server

Third, add the next 3 lines to the same file:

OIM.Username=xelsysadm
OIM.UserPassword=<your password>
ServerURL=t3://yourservice.yoursystem.yourdomain:14000
CtxFactory=weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory

Then you just run ant -f pluginregistration.xml unregister
All you have to type in is the password for xelsysadm
and paste the full class name from the export you did in step 1.

For the file names when you are running ant -f pluginregistration.xml register
I copy the files into a /home/oracle/plugins folder and then use:

find ~/plugins -name '*plugin*' -print


And then copy the line with the full pathname before I run the ant script.  Again I just enter the password for xelsysadm and then paste the filename.

Be sure to fully stop and restart all servers (no rolling restarts) to make the new plugins active.  I have found that PurgeCache does not work.


1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have one question regarding customized composite, which I am facing a problem now. If any body suggest me i would appreciate that. In my current project I have developed approval process composite from existed composite from Jdeveloper. From OIM side they are able to trigger my composite with risk level 9, but when the process completed , OIM developers reducing risk level 5 as per our project requirement. I am a soa guy, dont know much about OIM. Now problem raises when risk level changed some other pre-existed composite with risk level 5 is also triggered and I could see it in EM instance with some other request id. From OIM side they dont see anything in their logs. Could any one please suggesition

    Thanks
    Vijay

    ReplyDelete